Like Collaborative Health Group on Facebook+1 Collaborative Health Group on Google Plus
Collingwood: (705) 446-2203

Counseling Services in Collingwood ON

What Is a Social Worker?

Social workers provide the majority of counseling and psychotherapy services in Ontario.

Social workers have university degrees in social work: Bachelor of Social Work (BSW), Master of Social Work (MSW) or Doctorate in Social Work (Ph.D./DSW).

Anyone who calls themselves a social worker must belong to the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.  The initials RSW (Registered Social Worker) appear after their name.

Who Consults a Social Worker? 

People from all age groups and all walks of life consult social workers.  Social workers provide services to individuals, couples, families, groups, communities and corporations.

Why Consult a Social Worker? 

Social workers assist individuals, families and communities to resolve problems that affect their day-to-day lives.  People see social workers when they are going through a difficult period in their personal, family and work life.

Social workers help identify and understand the source of stress or difficulty, help people to develop coping skills and find effective solutions to their problems, assist people in finding needed resources, and offer counseling and therapy.

Social Work Specialties at Collaborative Health Group

  • individual therapy/counseling
  • employee assistance programs (EAPs)
  • anger management
  • grief, loss and trauma
  • stress management
  • crisis management
  • gender/sexual issues
  • mental health/psychiatric illness
  • anxiety/depression/suicide
  • perinatal/postpartum supports